Filipinas are naturally sexy, know how to care for themselves, have long princess-like, dark hair, eyes, and make amazing lovers. Foreigners from around the globe dream of visiting the Philippines one day and plenty do make it- time and time again.
In fact, Filipinas are so special, loving, caring, and make such good wives that many foreigners move to the Philippines and never return home!
If you’re looking to date, are talking online, or preparing to visit the Philippines and are wondering why men from all over the world go so crazy for Filipinas, then read on!
1. Filipinas love to have fun – so prepare to party! They also love to adventure, travel to new places, and meet new people. So, if you’re going to date a Filipina expect this, and while not all are drinkers or like to party a lot, most enjoy a good adventure – so feel free to incorporate a beach or backpacking trip for the next date!
Also, most Filipinas have class, so if the ones you’re dating seem to be all over the place, getting drunk a lot, or partying and you don’t like it, simply consider looking in new places – the Philippines is huge!
2. Filipinas are extremely close to their family, and while a lot of people say that about their culture, we know for a fact that it’s true in the Philippines. So, don’t be surprised if your date or Filipina girlfriend likes to talk a lot about her family, or even introduce you to them – take it as a compliment!
If she does, it’s likely that she’s very interested and proud to be dating you. Just remember, respect is key, so don’t ever disrespect or insult her family or loved ones, this is a huge no-no and will terminate the relationship faster than you can say “Mahal Kita” (I love you).
3. Filipinas are extremely hard workers, know how to provide for their family and loved ones, and will expect you know how too. Often, Filipinas are forced to drop out of high school or even middle school for the sake of going to work to provide for their family.
So, whether you currently have a job, business, or are retired, a hard work ethic goes a long way – and they’ll pick up on this. No, not all Filipinas only care about your money, and in fact, most are quite independent and self-sufficient. Although, because Filipinos work so hard don’t be surprised if your date or Filipina girlfriend works 6 days a week or more for 3-4 weeks at a time before taking a full weekend off.
For many, life in the Philippines is a struggle, living one day at a time, and yet, they manage to be some of the happiest, most positive, outgoing people you’ll ever meet. Filipinas are also very accommodating, and will always make sure you feel welcome, as long as you’re respectful, and patient – which leads us to our next point.
4. When dating a Filipina, it’s important to keep in mind that they can be especially sensitive, emotional, and in many cases even jealous. However, we believe that the pros far outweigh the cons, so don’t be discouraged. They are also very protective, loving, and accommodating.
They are also quite open to public affection – just don’t try to make a move too fast! Remember, this is a relatively conservative, predominantly catholic culture so many Filipinas are saving themselves for marriage. This is why communication is so important so that you both know what you want or are expecting from a relationship and future together.
5. Filipinas absolutely love to celebrate, and as hard as they work they also know how to enjoy themselves. This often includes bonding with family, friends, good food, company and often the all popular karaoke. So, if your girlfriend or date invites you to the bar, don’t automatically assume it’s just to get “wasted” or going to be a bore.
A lot of Filipinas enjoy what’s called “bar hopping” which can always be an adventure if you’re into the nightlife scene. This is also great for meeting new people, and more than likely you’ll be going together in a group with her loved ones or friends, so it’s sure to be a good time.
And don’t worry, your Filipina is sure to keep you safe and make sure nobody talks down to you or tries to give you a hard time – again, they are very protective. They’ll even teach you where to get the best deals, the right prices for things, and help to ensure you don’t ever get ripped off, whether you’re traveling together or alone.
6. Eating, good food, and more good food! If your Filipina invites you over to her house for dinner or a date, bring an empty stomach! Filipinos love to cook and eat good food, and always make sure their guests are full – and then some.
Also, don’t be surprised if you show up a little early, as Filipinas tend to run late sometimes, and 6:00pm could very well mean 6:30PM or even 7:00PM in her or her family’s book. Also, if you’re going to her family or friends house for dinner, it’s always nice to bring a small gift like chocolates, a bottle of cheap wine, or even a case of Red Horse – an all popular Filipino beer.
Don’t be surprised if the “dinner” goes for hours and hours well into the night, so free up your schedule, sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself.
7. You’ll learn that Filipinas are very happy, humorous people. They like joking around, are likely to tease you a little, but just remember that as a foreigner you are admired, and if she’s spending time with you then chances are she really does like you and enjoys your company.
This is why learning a few basic words and phrases in Tagalog (main Filipino language) can be helpful, and allow you to make witty or flirtatious remarks back to your Filipina date or girlfriend.
8. Love is very important to Filipinas, and they absolutely enjoy and appreciate romanticism. With that being said, as loving and honest as they are, it’s very important that you do not cheat on her, or even flirt with other women. As loyal as your Filipina date and girlfriend will be to you, she respectfully expects the same in return.
9. Although it’s true you’ll notice the Philippines have a relatively common “macho” culture, Filipinas enjoy – and often seek out foreigners for – a more romantic, sensitive, and loving man. Therefore, ensure you treat your Filipina date or girlfriend as your equal, don’t talk down to her, ignore her, argue with, or insult her – especially in public.
As loving, sweet, and cute as Filipinas are, you do not want to test them and if you do might be equally surprised at just how feisty and aggressive they can be if disrespected, insulted, or offended. Just be mindful of your words, and treat your Filipina how you’d want to be treated.
10. Finally, remember how popular religion is and how integral a part of the Filipino culture it is. Most Filipinas you’ll find are roman catholic, and plenty of others Christian. Therefore, if you aren’t, try to keep an open mind, and be respectful of her religious views, wants, and needs – if you’re serious about a possible long-term future with her that is.
If your Filipina girlfriend invites you to church with her after a few dates, take this as a very good sign. This is also an opportunity for “bonding”, especially if it’s with her family, and will only make your relationship, love, and her respect and admiration for you grow.
Remember, most women from Roman Catholic families are conservative, so you should expect and treat your Filipina as a woman of class, and acknowledge her relationship expectations or desires to make the most out of your experience together.